ATTENTION: The State Bar of Texas urges lawyers to evaluate contingency plans. For client protection and emergency preparedness, you may use this portal to designate one or more custodian-attorneys.
Succession PlanningContinuity, client protection, and emergency preparedness.
The Succession Planning Toolkit
The State Bar's Law Practice Management Committee has created a brand new Succession Planning Toolkit to help lawyers plan for what's to come.
In the toolkit, you will find an in-depth discussion of succession steps that move from simple to complex, including the cessation of practice procedures and transition planning.
Browse LPM Topic Pages
State Bar of Texas
- CLE Credits: "Don't Wait, Designate". 1 CLE Hour + 1 MCLE Hour
- Advance Designation of a Custodian-Attorney - Instructions
- Assumption of Practice: A Custodian's Guide
- Electronic Designation Form (Article)
- Electronic Designation Form (Video)
- Selling a Practice
- Volunteer to Serve as a Court-Appointed Custodian-Attorney
- Ethics Helpline
- Disaster Readiness Plan
- Texas Lawyers Assistance Program (TLAP)
- Lawyer Referral and Information Service (LRIS)
- Client Security Fund (CSF)
Texas Opportunity & Justice Incubator (TOJI)
- Mentor & Membership Opportunities
- This Quarters Resource